Monday, January 10, 2011

Ramblings On Time

Lately I've been thinking a lot about time.
It's such a funny thing.
Sometimes it seems to go fast and sometimes it seems to creep along.
Does time really fly when you're having fun?
I have come to understand that I don't understand this thing called...time.

There are days when I wish I could go back to when H was a baby and hold him again.
But there are other days that I can't wait for him to be a grown up.
It seems I am often caught in the middle of...time.
Almost like I watching time go on all around me, but I'm at a stand-still.
Then I look in the mirror. And I see the effects of time on my face and my body.
I feel the effects of time as I get older.

I love this picture because it's exactly how I'm feeling.
I'm in such a period of waiting and watching and listening.

And it's hard.

It's scary because I don't know what's ahead.
But it's so good to trust in God and wait and watch for His hand.

He is in control and I rest in that.

There is such peace in that.


It's not that I don't trust God.
I do, with all my heart.
But I also want to know what He's up to.
I say, "I trust You, God. But tell me where we are going. Tell me what's going to happen."
It's almost as if I can hear him chuckle when I do that.
He shakes His head and says, "Oh, you of little faith. Just trust me."
And that's where I am.
Just trusting.


I know that time is that it is short.
I want to make the most of every moment, be the best I can be because I know that life is short.
I don't want to regret moments in time that I didn't take or missed.
I don't want to hold on to bitterness and resentment.
I want to forgive and show grace.


Think about time.
And do your very best to make the most of your time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel the same way. Some days i would give anything to not change a diaperand then the next moment i am loving when they want me to snuggle with them in bed. I can't be satisfied. We do need to treasure the moments because it will be gone before we know it.

Jessica said...

What a great post! So introspective!

Cassie said... said...

I have been been very overwhelmed by the passage of time lately too.