Saturday, January 16, 2010

Helping

Thursday morning we were busy getting ready to leave and watching the new and were horrified by the images of the destruction and the helpless victims from the earthquake in Haiti. Henry and Scottie laid on the bed together and watched as I left. Scottie called me a little while later to tell me that Henry had gone into his room, pulled out all of his tools, put on his tool belt and hard hat, and announced that he was ready to go to Haiti to help find survivors and clean up. This picture was taken then. What a sweetheart. I pray each day that God would instill virtues in my son, but seeing compassion come out in an unexpected way really touched me.

I trust we are all praying for the people of Haiti. I know we will hear miraculous stories of rescues and lives touched in the midst of tragedy. God is in the business of miracles, rescues and touching lives, after all. I am planning to take Henry to purchase some items to donate to the people of Haiti so he really can help. If you want to get involved, Victory Church in Springdale has partnered with Operation Compassion and is accepting donations. You can read more here http://www.klrc.com/Article.asp?id=1658573. There are also Christian organizations listed where you can donate financially.

I may not be able to do or give much, I can give and do something.

3 comments:

Cassie said... said...

what a sweet story. When we were getting ready for the give-away I was telling the boys that their were some kids who didn't even have socks to wear. A little while later Riley came in with every sock from his and Cade's drawer to give away. He said he kept 2 and that would be enough.

Leah said...

Precious picture.

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME! It's neat to see willingness to serve in a heart so young! LOVE IT!