Thursday, January 7, 2010

3 Christmas's

We had a wonderful holiday celebrating with family and friends. Here is a pictorial journey through the festivities.

Christmas #1: Christmas Morning at Our House

Henry wanted a Wii for Christmas and Santa did not disappoint!! We have had lots of fun playing.








I got a new camera that I LOVE. It's just a little Canon Powershot, but it is perfect for me. I had been having trouble with my old camera. I am excited to use my new one!


Our house Christmas morning. It is the first white Christmas I can remember! It was fun, but changed our plans a bit. Which takes us to....


Christmas #2: Christmas Lunch with Grama and Papa Plummer


My parents were set to come to our house for lunch and to check out the new Wii. With the icy roads, they weren't able to make it out of their neighborhood so we took Christmas to them! We loaded up Scottie's truck, put it in 4-wheel drive and headed to Rogers. My mom and I had a great time cooking in the kitchen. We enjoyed spending the afternoon with them and were so glad we got to be with them!



Everyone was busy in the kitchen!



Green bean bundles (I made them and they were delicious!).


Corn casserole (the Jenkins's family recipe - also delicious!)


We feasted on ham, turkey, my mom's fabulous dressing and sweet potato casserole, just to name a few. It was an amazing meal!







We bought Barney a new fleece which has come in really handy the last few days!!

On the way home we saw a mama and baby deer.


The day after Christmas we headed to Little Rock for...


Christmas #3: MeMe and Papaw's house
Scottie's parents opening their new video camera


Papaw


Henry and most of his cousins. Jeremy was working, but came later.




Scottie with his sister, Paula.

Scottie with his sister, Terri.

Scottie with his sisters.

The Johnson family.

Opening gifts. This year we played a white elephant game instead of purchasing gifts for each other. We each held our gift and sat in a big circle. Scottie's mom read a story and whenever she said the word 'right' we had to pass our gift to the right. Whenever she said 'left' we passed to the left. It was so much fun and so silly. It was a fun alternative to buying things for each other. I really enjoyed it.

The kids did exchange gifts. They drew names. Henry got 2 Wii games.


Scottie read the Christmas story and..


Henry and his cousins acted it out! It was so cute and fun.

Henry was a shepherd.

The Magi bringing their gifts!


We enjoyed spending time with our families so much. After Little Rock, Henry and I headed down to McGehee to visit the Day's. We had a great time letting them spoil us!

I hope everyone is having a happy new year so far!

2 comments:

Cassie said... said...

love your tree. I bet Scottie had a little trouble staying on the road when he saw the deer!

Anonymous said...

You DID have a busy Christmas break! I bet you enjoyed every minute of it!