Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What I'm Thankful For

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holdiays. I cannot lie - it has a lot to do with the food. I have fond memories of my family celebrating Thanksgiving over the years. But I also can't help but reflect on all the things that I am thankful for this season each year. Here goes.

I am thankful for....

....my Lord. I don't know where I would be without my relationship with Christ. He is my savior and the only thing good in me. I cherish my time with him each day and hunger for his word more and more.

....my precious little family. I love my family so much. I love Scottie's heart and that he is a man of God, unashamed of the gospel. I love my son because he is so much like his daddy. They are home and where I want to be.

....my parents. I am so glad my parents live close enough to drive to my house when they want to visit, and vice versa. I enjoy spending time with them so much.

....my church family. Over the last 6 years, the member of FBC have become my 2nd family and I cherish them.

....my sweet friends. I am blessed with some wonderful friendships - both near and far away, people that I speak to often, and not as often. I love my friends with all my heart and look forward to our times together.

....my health. I thank God for healing and for health. I still deal with several side-effects related to the chemotherapy I received in 2007 and get frustrated from time to time with those side-effects. But they serve as a reminder that I am whole thanks to the great physician.

....my students. I love what I do. God put music in my heart and has allowed me to teach my passion to kids. I love being around my students (most of them) and watching them experience the pride of performing. Helping kids learn responsibility is not always easy, but I enjoy the time I have with them each day. I pray that God uses me in some small way to impact my students' lives.

I could go on and on. I have a home, reliable transportation, a warm bed and plenty of food to eat. I am so very blessed, beyond what I could hope for or ever deserve. I hope those of you reading this will take stock of the things you are thankful for this season (if you haven't already) and say a prayer of thanksgiving to the Lord.

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever." Psalm 107:1