Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bunk Beds and Flower Pots

Summer is here! But there is no rest for the weary. There is much to be done! This past weekend Scottie, Henry and I went to Conway for a visit with Scottie's younger sister and her family. Jamie and her husband, Rodney, went to Ouachita, too, and we have all been friends for a lot of years. They just updated their boys' rooms so we bought their bunk beds for Henry's room. We have wanted to put bunk beds in his room for a long time. He has had a double bed in there (his crib converted into), but it took up way too much room. Scottie, Andy and Kevin put the beds up after church on Sunday. I spent Sunday and Monday rearranging a cleaning out his room. Here is the new room:


We kept the cowboy theme and Jamie helped me find bedding cheap and some really cute cowboy sheets at Target.
Henry loves his new room! He's been sleeping on the bottom bunk and sits on the top to watch TV.

Those of you familiar with our couch will be glad to know that while in Conway, I ordered a new leather sofa from Cajun Brothers Furniture. Scottie's cousin is married to one of the owners and we usually always purchase our furniture there. The torn up, green couch will soon be a distant memory replaced by: We are so excited to get a new couch!! We bought our old couch at Cajun Brothers and it lasted for 12 years. But it was time for an upgrade!! Jamie helped me pick it out. She was such a huge help to me over the weekend - picking out bedding and a couch. Interior decorating is her thing and she is dang good at it!!

On Tuesday my mom met Henry and I at Chick-fil-A for lunch then we ventured to Lowe's to buy flowers for pots in front of my house. My mom has an eye for flowers and knows better than I what looks good and what will grow where. We (mostly she) planted them when we got back to the house.


I planted this hanging basket while mom worked on the pots. I'm not sure what Henry was working on, but when we got the water hose out, eveyone and everything got wet!
Finished pots
A new flag
These lilies are so beautiful and have come up all on their own. I don't ever remember them growing there before!

Our house
Anybody know this little boy??

He just hangs around....

Rescuing Rollie from the street (Rollie didn't know he needed to be rescued)

The cutest boy in the world!

6 comments:

becca said...

love the bunkbeds... and Henry is looking more and more like YOU as he grows up.

Shan said...

He IS the cutest thing. Give him a huge hug from his "favorite" aunt. His room looks great!!

Leah said...

I love Henry's new bunk beds and your new couch. I would pick out the exact same thing if we were to get a new couch...leather and low arms. Very pretty!

Your flowers look pretty, as usual, too!!!

Aimee said...

Yeah you are blogging!! Why didn't I know this? I am so behind. :) Love the bunkbeds, Love the couch, love the little boy!! We need to get together this summer. I added you to my list.

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Forget Laggin Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Swiftly Search Movies, Games, Music, Applications & Download Them @ Blazing Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup[/B][/URL]

Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat money making[/URL], You are far from alone if you have no clue about blackhat marketing. Blackhat marketing uses alternative or little-understood methods to generate an income online.