Monday, August 1, 2011

Brothers (part 2)

Another call came last week. 
Thursday at 8:00 am, to be exact.
It's amazing how one phone call can change EVERYTHING.

The DHS worker said there was a baby boy who needed placement.  A baby!  I told her I would talk it over with Scottie and call her back.  In a matter of moments, we had a critical decision to make.  We were both groggy and still sitting in the bed talking things over and praying (sounded something like..."God - what do we do??").  See, we were leaving the next day for a wedding in Mountain Home where we would both be singing and I would be playing the piano.  We also knew I would be in Hot Springs for a few days at the ARKCDA Convention.  We were trying to figure out how to make it work and I kept thinking about The CALL video where everyone was too busy to take a little girl.  I couldn't be that person!  I called my mom and she agreed to step in while I was away.  We could make it work!  I was excited to call DHS back and say yes!

I picked up baby M. later that day.  What a precious little boy!  He has the most amazing smile and is so, so happy.  We took him with us to the wedding where he charmed our friends and they fell in love with him instantly.  We have had to adjust to making bottles, changing diapers, baby food, spitting up, teething, diaper rash, rocking to sleep, etc. again.  It's been 8 years!!  But we have settled into our new routine with him and it has been so much fun!  Henry is an INCREDIBLE big brother.  He is so helpful and encouraging (he gave me a high five today and told me, "good job, mom!" after I was able to rock M. back to sleep after he woke up hungry from his nap!).  This little guy has captured our hearts!

We do not know what is ahead and we are waiting for word on his hearing.  We are praying for him and his family and enjoying him for as long as we have him! 

We are so blessed to be on this special journey.  We can't wait to see what God has in store.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I am so excited to meet this little guy! And I'm so happy that he's adjust so well. :)

Cassie said... said...

I can't wait to hear the next update!