Thursday, July 23, 2009

Our Pool

I really love summer. I love getting to sleep in, hanging around the house and just having few responsibilities. But, I get a little bored during the summer. I definitely love my job and miss my friends at school during the summer. I will be ready when school starts back....and I think Henry will be, too. He loves school and is so excited about the 1st grade!

One of my favorite things about summer is our pool. We are so fortunate to have a small, inground pool in our backyard and we use it all the time! Henry is a great swimmer.
Our lab, Maggie, loves to swim, too. She is Henry's swimming buddy! She is a true retriever and will wear us out wanting us to throw things into the pool for her to get.

We had a youth girls' fellowship at our house a couple of weeks ago. The girls swam and we cooked hot dogs on the grill. It was a great time. After swimming we all went to the youth building to watch a movie. It was a fun night!
Carrie and Janet came over early for a little extra swim time.

Kelli and Pam surveying the pool.



Maggie had to be chained up that night so she wouldn't bug everybody. She got to show off her tricks once everyone was finished swimming.
Kelsy and Stephanie on Henry's swingset.
Eating on the patio. It was a really fun night. I hope we can do it again next year!!





3 comments:

Robin and Stephen said...

I love how your dog swims too! How cute! Looks like you all had a fun party! Henry is so cute!

Leah said...

Aw, fun. I love Henry's guitar pose. Cute.

Also...love him in the chef's hat below. He's so precious.

Jennifer said...

Love the pool. I remember swimming a lot in Aimee's pool as kids. Glad I stumbled upon your blog. I love to read blogs and love to catch up on what's going on with my old friends!