Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July

Summer is going by fast - no doubt about it! But I am enjoying it so much. 4th of July was a blast. Mom and Dad came over for lunch. We had decided several days before to grill and swim, doesn't everybody grill out on the 4th?? It seems to be the American way! Who knew it would thunderstorm most of the day. Anyway, we managed.

Henry was my helper in the kitchen (sort of). He loves to wear a chef hat and his "Grill Master Junior" apron whenever he works in the kitchen!

Henry and mom stirring the brownie batter. Dessert was brownies with homemade vanilla ice cream and homemade hot fudge sauce. Yes, I do know how to cook a little for all you doubters. Everything turned out so delicious in spite of the rain! Later that evening, we all went over to the high school/admin parking lot for the annual Farmington Fest. It's a celebration with food, music and fireworks show after dark. Such fun!

Henry and my dad at Farmington Fest.

Henry sitting with Caden and Riley Champagne at the Fest.

Our worship band from church played. Here's me at the keyboard. It was great fun!

I like this shot because you can see everybody in the band.

We had to delay our family fireworks until the 5th because we were up so late on the 4th watching the amazing Farmington show. We did a few things in the backyard with mom and dad, Carrie, Andy and Laura, but saved the good stuff for the next night. At dark we loaded up the fam (including Maggie, our lab) and headed to the church parking lot for our fireworks. Carrie, Andy and Laura joined us along with Justin and his girlfriend. It was a hoot. I am truly surprised that nobody lost a limb that night!

I have to admit - I love fireworks. I have fond memories of getting fireworks and sparklers each year and setting them off with my parents and brother outside of our house. Believe it or not, this isn't all that we had. Scottie and Henry made a stop at the local grocery store and picked up a few more! We had a great time setting them all off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I can comment! I love Fourth of July too! It is my favorite holiday (even above Christmas). You just get to relax, eat and you don't have to buy anyone presents! Glad you guys had fun.