Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Break 2011

We went to Winter Park, Colorado, this year for spring break with 24 teenagers, college students and adults from church. It was an AMAZING trip!! We had a wonderful time together skiing. Driving through Kansas was rough! So flat and a bit depressing...we saw lots of tumbleweeds! Mountains in the distance...
Taking a break on the first day. Scottie was so good and patient with me on the first day! I hadn't been skiing since high school and was a little rusty. He helped me so much!! Henry was in snowboard school all day that first day.

Scottie and I really enjoyed skiing together!! We've been together for over 17 years, but had never been skiing with each other!

We stayed at The Vintage Hotel which was a gondola ride from Winter Park Village. It was very nice and I would highly recommend it!


Henry had a fold out couch bed and loved it!! Our room had a fireplace and a kitchenette...perfect!! They also provided a locker for us to store our ski stuff at night.








Hittin' the slopes with my boys!! This was the last day we skied. It was snowy all day and windy. Made for rough conditions, but we still had a great time together.


Snowboard champ!! Henry really did great. He picked up snowboarding pretty quick and said he loved it and can't wait to go back! We are so proud of him!!







Gondola ride from our hotel to the village.




Tunnel on Village Way




What a great trip we had!! I can't wait to go skiing again - I forgot how much I enjoyed it!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

We adore skiing as a family! Our two favorite spots are Wolf Creek and Keystone. It is really just a different world up in the mountains and Colorado is truly God's country- such a magical place! I'm so glad you went and had a good time. : ) Sore shins and having to walk in ski boots aside, it is just plain fun!

Cassie said... said...

OMG! I love to ski! Your pics make me want to go soooooo bad!